We ask that you read this Policy carefully prior to registering with us, as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use your personal data.
PIA Delayed Limited understands that your privacy is important to you. We care about how your personal data is used and how it is shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website https://www.piadelayed.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
PIA Delayed Limited a limited company registered in England under company number 11976001 at 448 – 452 Chester Road, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 9HD.
We are registered under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers (at https://ico.org.uk/) under registration number A8464803
PIA Delayed Limited and its partners are jointly referred to in this Policy as “we”, “us” or “our”.
For the purposes of this Policy, you, as the contracting party, are referred to in this Policy as “you” or “your”.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the purposes for which we may collect, use and share personal information about you, which you provided to us and consented to, when you agreed to use the services of PIA Delayed Limited, for them to act on your behalf in relation to a compensation claim.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR which this policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold.
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten (i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you), we hold your data for a limited time of 6 years.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose.
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 11.
- What type of personal data do we collect?
The Information we will collect is as follows: –
- Mobile number;
- Email address;
- ID documents; and
- Activity on our Websites and Social Media sites
- IP Address and Current Location
- Telephone Conversations (Call Recordings)
- Any information that we may be required to process your claim
We will only use this information in certain circumstances. Please refer to section 2 “How do we use, your Information” for more details
- How do we use Your Information?
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary considering the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will always comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR .
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract, legal obligation or because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. Subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interest that we may use your data for the following purpose.
To administer our PIA Delayed Limited services;
- Reply to emails sent from you.
- With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your data for Marketing purposes (updating you on any new services) which may include contacting you by e-mail, telephone, post or text message. We will not however send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and electronic communications (EC Directive) Regulation 2003.
- To improve user experience and to prevent abuse; this includes IP address, browser version, screen resolution and the operating system of the device used for the access, the date and time of the access, the time spent on the pages and accessed individual subpages during the access;
for our internal training;
- To help us reduce fraud, by checking details against various databases that we have access to;
- Where we are required to do so by law, or where we suspect fraud or attempted fraud;
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and request to have it deleted.
We will not share any of your personal data for any purpose.
We may send you marketing communications relating to our products and services we feel may be of interest to you and where you have consented to either by e-mail or similar technology.
If you do not wish to receive such marketing for advertising purposes, you have the ability to opt-out of marketing but selecting the Unsubscribe option on the email you receive or email us directly at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of your information
We will need to disclose your information to the Airline in order to process your claim on your behalf.
- Crime prevention & fraud
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may share information which we hold, and which has been supplied to us if fraud is identified from false or inaccurate information provided by you. Details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Such fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies have the right to access and use this information.
If we suspect fraud, we will share your relevant personal information with them if we are requested to do so and/or if there is a lawful criminal and/or civil basis to do so. Where data is shared it will be via a secure medium.
- Security and data storage
We will treat all your information in strict confidence, and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, and data stored on associated databases.
If you do not want your information stored on our database, or within our archived systems, you can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When transmitting data over the internet we make sure that it is either transferred via SSL or IPSEC.
- Control of your information
In addition to your rights, under the GDPR you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong control on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing)
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held) under the GDPR, no fee is payable, and we will provide all information in response to your request, to which we have 1 month to respond. This can be done by email or post.
- Links to other websites
Please be aware that PIA Delayed Limited may link to other websites. On our blog pages we might have links to other websites to show the sources of information.
- How do I change any details stored
If for any reason you are unsure about the personal information we are holding in your name, please contact us. You have the right to rectification on any information we hold, this can be done in writing or a verbal request. You can email us at email@example.com
- Contact Us
If You contact PIA Delayed Limited, only the information you have submitted as part of your contract with us and/or provide to us during such contract will be used in dealing with your request.
For requesting any information on personal data please contact: –
Post: PIA Delayed Limited, 448 – 452 Chester Road, M16 9HD
- Changes to policy
We keep Our Policy under regular review and may amend and update this Policy from time to time. We may utilise in app popups to inform you of changes to this Policy or our Terms and Conditions. Where We do this, we will request that you accept the new terms and or policy by clicking “I accept”
This Policy was last updated on 16 May 2019.